Перейти к содержанию

PSN Community Spotlight – Confessions of a Convert

Гость PlayStation®

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Welcome to the another edition of the PSN Community Spotlight! We open up the PlayStation.Blog for PSN gamers to tell their unique PlayStation story/experience/thoughts as submitted to this special section in the new and improved PlayStation Community Forums. Those that find their way to the PlayStation.Blog will find a $50 PlayStation Store voucher in their inbox.

Изображение

This week, we hear a story from a gamer who made a late transition to the PlayStation community, but hasn’t looked back since. Take a look at this post from PlayStation member Victoryismine52.

Confessions of a Convert

I have and always will consider myself a gamer. I have always loved games and have spent the majority of my life as somewhat of an evangelist for gaming. But looking back across my history of gaming I can reflect on a long and diverse road that has finally brought me to a place where as an adult I have settled in my gaming ways. I could not be happier to tell you that this settling has occurred only when I moved to consider myself a PlayStation gamer and part of that stems from an odd feeling of not so much feeling like a consumer but more of a member of the PlayStation family.

I grew up back east and for the most part had a very active childhood. We spent most of our time outdoors riding bikes and playing in the snow. Sure I played Mario and Sonic but never really had it as a major section of my life. We moved back west in ’94 and with my dad running a computer software company we always seemed to have spare parts around the house. This is when a common hobby for a kid turned into a full blown obsession. My father and I built my first computer shortly after and we started playing Doom. I loved playing Doom and Quake and other shooters but I became obsessed with strategy games. Warcraft and Age of Empires took up most of my teen life. I discovered my love for Valve with the release of Half-Life and I also became quite good in the competitive world of Quake 3.

One year however, I had spent the summer after my freshman year of college working in Northern California up at my cousins’ house where he had a PS2. Though I had played PS1 and PS2 at friends’ houses and LAN parties, this would be my first extensive time with a Sony console and it laid the groundwork for what would latter turn into a near obsession with Sony culture.

I had never played a Final Fantasy game but I was well aware of the franchise (having spent most of my teen life reading gaming news). My cousin had Final Fantasy X and I sat down to play and couldn’t stop. It turned into a quest to get to the next cut scene with my sister and younger cousin running in every time I would yell out “cut scene cut scene!”.The game was beautiful and I loved the tactical aspects of a turn based game. I left that summer knowing that Final Fantasy X would now hold a spot as one of my favorite games but thought little else of it.

Fast forward a year and I’m working in southern California and dating a wonderful girl (now my wife) who has an inherent interest in Kingdom Hearts but has never played it. It was time. I immediately go out and buy a PS2 with Kingdom Hearts (and pick up FFX in the process), and I never looked back. We played through Kingdom Hearts together and would of course later pick up Kingdom Hearts 2. The PS2 officially became the system I go to game with great games and exclusives like Shadow of the Colossus (easily one of my favorite games of all time).

Later when the PS3 was released I was expecting my PS3 to become a platform that I would only play the exclusives on. Oh how wrong I would be. I ended up spending more and more time with my PS3 simply due to the number of exclusives I was purchasing to the point where my Sony exclusives collection dwarfed my entire library of games on other platforms. I realized quite soon that I loved getting online multiplayer for free and the PS3 quickly became my primary gaming platform

I want to take this time to personally thank Sony for taking a strong approach to their console as well as bringing in a continuous flow of HD remastered content from the PS2. As someone who missed a lot of the PS2 content from being a late PlayStation convert, it is really appreciated, and I can’t wait to see what’s next.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/PSBlog/~4/OrzU43zzc1I

Читать дальше

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению

Вы можете написать сейчас и зарегистрироваться позже. Если у вас есть аккаунт, авторизуйтесь, чтобы опубликовать от имени своего аккаунта.
Примечание: Ваш пост будет проверен модератором, прежде чем станет видимым.

Ответить в этой теме...

×   Вставлено с форматированием.   Вставить как обычный текст

Разрешено использовать не более 75 эмодзи.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически встроена.   Отображать как обычную ссылку

×   Ваш предыдущий контент был восстановлен.   Очистить редактор

×   Вы не можете вставлять изображения напрямую. Загружайте или вставляйте изображения по ссылке.

• Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

• Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу
  • Создать...

Важная информация

Мы разместили cookie-файлы на ваше устройство, чтобы помочь сделать этот сайт лучше. Вы можете изменить свои настройки cookie-файлов, или продолжить без изменения настроек.