Перейти к содержанию

Chaotic co-op cooking game Overcooked announced for PS4

Новостник

Рекомендуемые сообщения

• Новостник

Hello world! My name’s Phil, I’m part of a two-person indie studio called

This is the hidden content, please
based in rainy ol’ England. We’re her to tell you about our upcoming PS4 project, Overcooked, which is a chaotic co-operative cooking game for 1-4 players.

Oli and I started Ghost Town to make the kind of games we wanted to play. When I was a kid my life was all about multiplayer games. Whether it was hurling green shells at my brothers in Mario Kart or luring my friends onto proximity mines in Goldeneye, I just loved that experience of crowding around a single screen, laughing, screaming and arguing as the carnage unfolded on screen.

When I was older and I got a job as a Designer at Frontier Developments. I still craved that same experience, and would often gather together with my friends at lunchtimes to play whatever local co-op games we could get our hands on.

One of the things I started to notice about co-operative games is that it often devolved into a game of ‘find the fun’. Players would end up competing to see who could grab the loot first, or kill the next enemy quickest. What if there was a co-op game which was truly about co-operating; where no one person could carry the team? Where instead it was the team’s ability to work together that would be put to the test?

A kitchen seemed like the perfect setting for such an experience; a place where people were constantly forced to work together, to communicate and co-ordinate their actions all while surrounded by implements which could cause actual bodily harm! So together with our friends we built a quick prototype for Overcooked and it instantly struck a chord.

The premise, as in a real kitchen, was to prepare, cook and deliver each new recipe which came in from the restaurant, the magic came in watching players try to divide the tasks between themselves and staying in clear communication when things ultimately took a nosedive for the worse : )

As players started to get to grips with the basics, we’d pile on more and more obstacles: pots catching fire, rats stealing food, cooking on a sliding boat, cooking on the back of a moving truck even cooking in the bowels of hell itself. Anything we could think of to keep the players on their toes!

Overcooked will see teams of brave chefs travelling across the Onion Kingdom to take on a slew of terrifying and exciting kitchens. Friendships will be pushed to breaking point as players are forced to work together to deliver delicious meals as the odds stack more and more against them.

Unlock new levels, new chef characters and new competitive levels to let teams go head-to-head. You can even control two chefs on one PlayStation controller (or share a controller with a friend!)

Endless variety, endless fun, Overcooked is the ultimate co-op experience coming to PlayStation 4 this Spring!

The post

appeared first on

PlayStation Blog EU

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению

Вы можете написать сейчас и зарегистрироваться позже. Если у вас есть аккаунт, авторизуйтесь, чтобы опубликовать от имени своего аккаунта.
Примечание: Ваш пост будет проверен модератором, прежде чем станет видимым.

Ответить в этой теме...

×   Вставлено с форматированием.   Вставить как обычный текст

Разрешено использовать не более 75 эмодзи.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически встроена.   Отображать как обычную ссылку

×   Ваш предыдущий контент был восстановлен.   Очистить редактор

×   Вы не можете вставлять изображения напрямую. Загружайте или вставляйте изображения по ссылке.

• Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

• Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу
  • Создать...

Важная информация

Мы разместили cookie-файлы на ваше устройство, чтобы помочь сделать этот сайт лучше. Вы можете изменить свои настройки cookie-файлов, или продолжить без изменения настроек.